If you're reading this article, you probably want to change something, right? Maybe you're trying to build muscles and speed up your weight loss and need an additional boost to enhance your performance. This in-depth guide provides a detailed overview of GNC's top-of-the-line testosterone boosters.
We can confidently say that healthy testosterone is what defines a true man. Whether you're a bodybuilder or a layperson trying to increase your testosterone, taking a natural testosterone booster may be your best bet. No matter what you're dealing with, GNC is the one-stop shop to buy your testosterone supplement pills.
Read on as we review some of GNC's top testosterone boosters!
Top 5 GNC Testosterone Boosters
You might be wondering, "Why would I go to GNC for my testosterone boosters?" Well, that's because you need to be certain that you're getting a good deal. Plus, GNC is one of the most convenient places to compare multiple testosterone boosters and choose the best one.
Plus, there are a lot of places nowadays that are selling knockoff versions of other testosterone-boosting supplements, paying little attention to the purity of the active ingredients and the safety of their customers.
GNC is a trusted veteran in providing clinically studied dietary supplements for weight loss, strength and performance.
1. TestoPrime - Best Overall
TestoPrime is the best testosterone booster you can get, and that's because of what's inside. TestoPrime comes packed with D-aspartic acid, fenugreek, and 10 more powerful, all-natural ingredients for supporting natural testosterone production. For example, a recent meta-analysis of four high-quality trials found that fenugreek significantly raises testosterone levels.(1) While the research on D-aspartic acid produced mixed results, one study found a 42% increase in testosterone.(2)
If you can get such incredible results with natural ingredients, testosterone replacement therapy may not be needed.
Everything in this supplement is designed to help you reduce fat and pack on lean muscle mass. The company doesn't hide what's inside their product, either.
Other test-boosting supplements have proprietary blends, which means they don't tell you exactly how much of each ingredient is inside their supplement.
TestoPrime is completely transparent with its ingredients and dosage.
- No proprietary blends
- Doesn't require a prescription to buy
- Premium product with 12 powerful ingredients that boost testosterone levels naturally
- Enhanced athletic performance
- If you have a medical condition, you need to consult with your doctor before taking TestoPrime.
- Can be bought at the official website only.
2. Testo-Max - Best Natural Testosterone Booster
This is an all-star product from Crazy Bulk, a trustworthy company known for making muscle-building supplements.
Testo-Max stands out on the Crazy Bulk roster as the most powerful dietary supplement to boost and maintain healthy testosterone levels. Testo-Max was designed to help you get stronger.
It does this by featuring some of the best ingredients, like ZMA, D-aspartic acid, fenugreek, and nettle leaf extract, which will help you work out harder and spend less time recovering. Stinging nettle, for example, helps balance estrogen and testosterone by slowing down the conversion of testosterone to estrogen.(3)
- Buy in bulk to save money.
- Science-backed ingredients that boost testosterone production and reduce estrogen hormone production
- Only sold through their official website
- A higher recommended dosage
- It may need to be stacked for the best results.
3. TestoFierce - Best For Muscle Gain
This T-booster is legal, safe, and made from all-natural ingredients that have been shown to raise actual testosterone levels.
TestoFierce has ZMA, DAA, vitamin D, ashwagandha, and fenugreek extract to help you build lean muscle mass and lose weight, but it's not a miracle supplement. You still have to follow a healthy diet and a regular exercise routine to get the best results.
The only con of this supplement is its high recommended dosage of 7 capsules per serving. This is not very convenient, but worth taking for the muscle gains.
- Grow muscles and build strength faster.
- Improves sexual health
- Gives you more energy
- You should take seven capsules daily.
4. TestoGen - Best For Males Over 40
When it comes to natural testosterone boosters for older men, Testogen is a game-changer. Originally designed for muscle growth, this formula has expanded to cater to seniors.
Ingredients include D-aspartic acid and boron which can elevate testosterone levels!
Testogen is a powerful supplement that stimulates the production of luteinizing hormone, leading to increased testosterone levels. Results are improved energy levels, enhanced physical performance, and even better muscle growth!
Testogen also aids in weight loss, making it an ideal companion for seniors looking to maintain a healthy physique.
One aspect often overlooked is sexual desire in older men. Testogen addresses this issue as well, helping to enhance sexual performance and reignite the spark in the bedroom!
One of the best features of Testogen is its natural ingredient composition, which ensures a safe and side-effect-free experience for users.
However, it's important to note that Testogen lacks a supplement facts label, and the manufacturer does not provide proof of certification or accreditation for its products or facilities.
Testogen is available in both tablet and liquid form, with the liquid form offering faster results and absorption.
- Offers a generous 100-day money-back guarantee
- Promotes muscle growth and development
- Supports weight loss efforts
- Enhances sexual performance
- Natural ingredient formulation
- Relatively higher price compared to other brands
- Requires further scientific studies to substantiate its claims
5. TestoFuel - Best GNC Testosterone Pills
This is the final testosterone booster here, and it features a unique ingredient: oyster extract! TestoFuel uses oysters as a second source of zinc and has plain zinc.
As a testosterone support supplement, this booster doesn't contain any testosterone but rather ingredients that will push your body to create more testosterone.
Another plus for this supplement is its approachable recommended dosage. The manufacturer suggests taking 1 pill with food 4 times a day.
You can pick it up here.
- Up-to-date, comprehensive formula
- Does not hide the formula behind a proprietary blend
- Large doses of the right ingredients
- It can only be found on the official website
- It might take longer to see results
How We Chose the Top Testosterone Boosters at GNC
To identify good testosterone boosters available at GNC, we conducted comprehensive research and analysis on a variety of products. Our evaluation process depended on several factors, including ingredient effectiveness, scientific evidence, dosage, safety, customer feedback, formula transparency, brand reputation, price, and overall value.
Effectiveness of Ingredients
We examined the scientific evidence for each ingredient's effectiveness in boosting testosterone levels. We focused on the ingredients' ability to promote hormone balance, support muscle growth, and enhance overall health and performance.
We explored numerous published research studies, clinical trials, and scientific literature to verify the effectiveness of the ingredients used in testosterone boosters. Consequently, we only recommend products with substantial scientific backing for their claims.
We evaluated the dosage of each ingredient to ensure safety and optimal results. Our recommendations are based on supplements that use safe and proven ingredient levels to provide maximum benefits.
Our safety assessment included a thorough examination of each ingredient in the supplements. We only support testosterone boosters with safe ingredients when consumed according to instructions.
Analyzing customer reviews and feedback, we evaluated the efficacy and satisfaction rates of testosterone boosters sold at GNC. Products with positive reviews and higher satisfaction rates were given priority.
We prioritize supplements that disclose their formulas openly and clearly. Our recommended testosterone boosters should list both ingredients and dosages on the label or website.
Assessing each brand's reputation allowed us to confirm their commitment to producing high-quality supplements. We only endorse testosterone boosters manufactured by reputable brands with an established track record for excellence.
We evaluated each testosterone booster's price to ensure it provides value for your money. Our goal is to recommend products that combine competitive pricing with quality, without compromising on effectiveness and safety.
In determining each testosterone booster's overall value, we considered factors such as effectiveness, safety, formula transparency, brand reputation, and price. The products we recommend provide the best value to help you make an informed decision.
What Is a Testosterone Booster?
As the name suggests, testosterone boosters increase the amount of testosterone your body has to work with. It's also helpful to think of them as "testosterone support."
Taking natural testosterone boosters will help your body produce more testosterone, either directly or indirectly via the hormones of the pituitary gland.
Testosterone booster products will help you enjoy all of the benefits of masculinity, like increased strength and an improvement in your sexual performance.
Don't think that only men can benefit from higher T-levels, either! T-boosters can also help women who experience lower sex drive and sexual dysfunction.
Another great thing is that test boosters are dietary supplements, so you won't need a prescription to get your supply.
How Does the Testosterone Booster Work?
People on testosterone replacement therapy run the same risks as people who misuse anabolic steroids. These include side effects like testicle shrinkage, enlarged breasts (gynecomastia), benign prostatic hyperplasia, acne, too much red blood cell production, and more.
Unlike what we've mentioned above, testosterone booster supplements attempt to stimulate your body's natural testosterone production using beneficial nutrients and herbal extracts. They help you maintain healthy testosterone levels while avoiding the nasty side effects of steroid misuse.
While it's true that your levels of testosterone will naturally go down with time, that doesn't mean you have to suffer the effects of aging.
Thanks to a natural blend of ingredients, T-boosters can help you build lean muscle and enhance fat loss, no matter how old you are!
Some T-boosters have ingredients that will also increase the free testosterone your body has to work with.
What Are the Common Ingredients Used in Testosterone Boosters?
Most testosterone boosters will come with an ingredients label that may mean nothing to you.
We've listed a few ingredients commonly used in testosterone boosters for you to look out for!
To help you find great testosterone boosters, we listed the most common ingredients that you should see on the label:
- Maca root: Maca is a plant that has been described as "Peruvian ginseng." As that nickname implies, this plant has seen a lot of use in Peru as traditional medicine.
Lately, it's become a mainstay in T-boosters because of its positive effect on sex drive and physical performance.(4)
Maca root has also been shown to help perk people up, both in terms of energy levels and their mood.(5) Plus, it's safe to use and has a pleasantly sweet taste!
- Tongkat Ali: This ingredient is also known as Longjack or Eurycoma Longifolia. It's used in dietary supplements because of its strong testosterone-boosting capabilities. One study showed that free testosterone levels increased by 34% after just two weeks of taking Tongkat Ali.(6)
Tongkat Ali is packed with antioxidants and other beneficial nutrients that help your body repair and lower your stress levels at the same time.(7) This makes it ideal for muscle recovery after heavy workouts.
- Fenugreek seed extract: While fenugreek is usually used as a delicious seasoning, it's also a very potent testosterone booster.
The fenugreek seed extract is rich in steroidal compounds that have been shown to increase testosterone levels in multiple studies.(1)
The steroidal compounds, including glycosides and saponins, mimic the molecular form of steroid hormones without being either hormones or steroids.(8)
- Horny goat weed: Also known as Barrenwort, these leafy plants are a staple ingredient in male enhancement supplements. They're mainly used in T-boosters to treat erectile dysfunction and boost sexual desire.(9)
But this magical herb doesn't just stop at helping you get it up. It is also used to treat cardiovascular problems like high blood pressure.
Make sure you don't take horny goat weed if you're pregnant or if you have any hormonal issues.
- D-aspartic acid: Also known as DAA, this is one of the most popular testosterone-boosting ingredients on this list.
DAA is an amino acid that stimulates production of testosterone directly at the testes and indirectly by increasing the synthesis of luteinizing hormone in the brain.(10)
- Tribulus terrestris: Another traditional medicine, Tribulus has recently gained popularity for its health benefits.
Tribulus improves the immune system's health, increases libido, and may boost testosterone levels.(11)
Overall, Tribulus boosts sexual health and improves general hormone health.
- ZMA: This one is a formula combining zinc, magnesium aspartate, and vitamin B6.
ZMA is great for improving your body's natural muscle protein synthesis and supporting healthy testosterone levels.
It's most effective for people deficient in zinc and magnesium, but every athlete can benefit from using ZMA.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Testosterone Booster?
Taking a testosterone booster will directly increase your body's natural testosterone levels. This will come with various benefits, which we'll explain here.
Improved mental focus: There is a clear connection between higher T-levels and better memory and focus.
Higher levels of testosterone have also been shown to speed up your thinking process and lower your risk of developing Alzheimer's disease when you get older.(12)
You won't develop photographic memory overnight, but you'll be less likely to lose your things and forget what people have just said to you.
Better blood flow: Being testosterone-deficient can lead to an increased risk of cardiovascular problems. Fortunately, some ingredients in T-boosters are likely to help with this.
Taking a testosterone booster will help improve your blood flow and your heart's health.
Better blood circulation results in more oxygen and nutrients reaching the muscles, which helps them grow and recover faster.
More muscles and less body fat: The best part of taking a testosterone booster is the gains you'll see in your muscle mass. Testosterone is the most important hormone when it comes to building muscle.
Combining T-boosters with a healthy diet and regular exercise is a perfect recipe for making you more bulky!
Plus, you'll experience higher energy levels, which will let you work out for longer and perform more intense workouts!
Are There Any Side Effects of Using Testosterone Boosting Supplements?
When the science around muscle building wasn't so clear, people used to inject steroids directly to grow bigger muscles.
The problem with this method is that they were using anabolic steroids, which we now know are very unsafe. So they suffered side effects like premature hair loss, severe acne outbreaks, growing male breasts, and even liver injury.
Now, these testosterone boosters aren't like that at all! They're mostly made up of herbal ingredients plus vitamins and minerals.
Chances are, you won't experience any major side effects from these test boosters as long as you follow the proper recommended dosage while you're taking them!
While these boosters are safe, they can still cause a few mild side effects. These include headaches, nausea, stomach upset, and dizziness.
Don't forget to ask a professional physician for their opinion before picking up a test booster!
How to Choose a Good GNC Testosterone Booster for Your Needs?
Picking the a good testosterone supplement will depend on a few key factors. They include the dosage, the ingredients used, the price, and how the supplement was made.
- Dosage refers to both the recommended number of capsules to be taken daily and the amount of a supplement to take. Some test boosters have a high recommended dosage, up to 7 capsules a day. Make sure you check the recommended number of capsules before buying.
- Ingredients: You don't want to take a supplement full of ingredients that don't have any research to back up their effectiveness. Always check the company's website for the scientific research behind each ingredient.
- Price: Putting health aside, a great testosterone booster for you should let you achieve the results you want without the risk. This means that you may need to opt for a slightly more expensive but also more effective product.
Hopefully, if you don't see much change after taking it, it comes with a money-back guarantee, so you don't waste your money.
Then there's how the supplement was made. Look for test boosters produced in GMP-certified and FDA-approved facilities to ensure your safety.
Finally, don't forget to notify your doctor and ask for their advice before you start taking any testosterone booster.
RELATED: HGH Supplements At GNC: Your Options
Your most pressing questions, answered!
Who Should Not Take a Testosterone Booster?
These supplements aren't for everyone. Make sure you're at least 18 years old before looking into test boosters. None of these supplements are designed to be used by people under 18. You should also consult your doctor before looking into any testosterone booster here, especially if you have a medical condition.
How Long Does It Take for Testosterone Boosters to Kick In?
The first sign that your testosterone booster is working is an improved sex drive and increased energy levels. This effect will kick in after roughly 3 weeks of consistent use, but muscle growth will take a little longer than that. After using a testosterone booster for 3 to 4 months, you'll bulk up. Remember that no one's the same, so it might take longer to see the effects.
What Is a Good Testosterone Booster for Men Over 70?
Senior citizens might have a tough time increasing their T-levels, but it's still worth trying! Of course, you could take a T-booster, but we would also suggest going back to the basics: practice eating a balanced diet and exercising regularly. Plus, get a good night's sleep, as this will help your body recover faster.
Are Testosterone Booster Supplements Safe?
It's completely normal to be concerned about the safety of supplements you plan to take. Before you take a test booster, make sure it's safe first. Check out customer reviews, the ingredients, and possibly some scientific articles to do so. The good news is that every testosterone booster on this list is safe. Unlike anabolic steroids, which can cause very severe side effects, these supplements won't hurt you in the long run.
The best T-booster on this list is TestoPrime. It's a premium product that has everything you need to take your health to the next level. However, Testo-Max and TestoFierce are great too!
TestoPrime stands at the top because they have the most research to back up their supplement's effectiveness, plus they have a LIFETIME money-back guarantee, no questions asked!
Testo-Max is a great booster with a fair money-back guarantee, but it needs to be stacked with other Crazy Bulk boosters if you truly want to bulk up.
TestoFierce is safe and legal with proven ingredients, but the recommended dosage might turn some users away.
- Mansoori, Anahita et al. “Effect of fenugreek extract supplement on testosterone levels in male: A meta-analysis of clinical trials.” Phytotherapy research : PTR vol. 34,7 (2020): 1550-1555. doi:10.1002/ptr.6627
- Topo, Enza et al. “The role and molecular mechanism of D-aspartic acid in the release and synthesis of LH and testosterone in humans and rats.” Reproductive biology and endocrinology : RB&E vol. 7 120. 27 Oct. 2009, doi:10.1186/1477-7827-7-120
- Chrubasik, Julia E et al. “A comprehensive review on the stinging nettle effect and efficacy profiles. Part II: urticae radix.” Phytomedicine : international journal of phytotherapy and phytopharmacology vol. 14,7-8 (2007): 568-79. doi:10.1016/j.phymed.2007.03.014
- Stone, Mark et al. “A pilot investigation into the effect of maca supplementation on physical activity and sexual desire in sportsmen.” Journal of ethnopharmacology vol. 126,3 (2009): 574-6. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2009.09.012
- Gonzales-Arimborgo, Carla et al. “Acceptability, Safety, and Efficacy of Oral Administration of Extracts of Black or Red Maca (Lepidium meyenii) in Adult Human Subjects: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study.” Pharmaceuticals (Basel, Switzerland) vol. 9,3 49. 18 Aug. 2016, doi:10.3390/ph9030049
- Chan, Kai Quin et al. “The effect of Eurycoma Longifolia on the regulation of reproductive hormones in young males.” Andrologia vol. 53,4 (2021): e14001. doi:10.1111/and.14001
- Talbott, Shawn M et al. “Effect of Tongkat Ali on stress hormones and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects.” Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition vol. 10,1 28. 26 May. 2013, doi:10.1186/1550-2783-10-28
- Wankhede, Sachin et al. “Beneficial effects of fenugreek glycoside supplementation in male subjects during resistance training: A randomized controlled pilot study.” Journal of sport and health science vol. 5,2 (2016): 176-182. doi:10.1016/j.jshs.2014.09.005
- Shindel, Alan W et al. “Erectogenic and neurotrophic effects of icariin, a purified extract of horny goat weed (Epimedium spp.) in vitro and in vivo.” The journal of sexual medicine vol. 7,4 Pt 1 (2010): 1518-28. doi:10.1111/j.1743-6109.2009.01699.x
- Roshanzamir, Farzad, and Seyyed Morteza Safavi. “The putative effects of D-Aspartic acid on blood testosterone levels: A systematic review.” International journal of reproductive biomedicinevol. 15,1 (2017): 1-10.
- Neychev, Vladimir, and Vanyo Mitev. “Pro-sexual and androgen enhancing effects of Tribulus terrestris L.: Fact or Fiction.” Journal of ethnopharmacology vol. 179 (2016): 345-55. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2015.12.055
- Bianchi, Vittorio Emanuele. “Impact of Testosterone on Alzheimer's Disease.” The world journal of men's health vol. 40,2 (2022): 243-256. doi:10.5534/wjmh.210175