Human Growth Hormone, or HGH, is your body’s way of enhancing performance by increasing your energy and improving your muscle mass.
And it controls your metabolism, too!
HGH supplements can help your body produce more of these hormones naturally.
But there are a lot of options in the market, and some of them are even dangerous!
That’s why we listed our pick of safe, legal, and effective HGH supplements to help give your workouts a boost.
The Top 6 Best HGH Supplements On The Market
- GenF20 Plus
- Growth Factor Plus
- HyperGH 14x
1. HGH-X2: Best Supplement For Muscle Building
Crazy Bulk’s HGH-X2 is a supplement made with all-natural ingredients to help stimulate your body to produce more HGH.
Because it’s made with a unique blend of all-natural ingredients, you’re sure that it doesn’t come with nasty and dangerous side-effects. That makes the HGH-X2 the #1 supplement for muscle-building.
HGH-X2 does the job with these star ingredients:
- Hawthorne Berry Extract protects cardiovascular function and increases blood flow to the muscles. It also helps your body digest food faster.
- Mucuna Pruriens Extract contains l-dopa, which increases growth hormone levels [R]. L-dopa is also the precursor to dopamine, which can help you stay motivated for your workouts [R].
- Maca Root is a Peruvian ginseng that increases testosterone production, elevates your mood, and promotes lean muscle growth.
- L-Arginine builds muscle mass by increasing muscle blood volume [R]. It is especially effective when combined with resistance training [R].
When we tested HGH-X2, we found it gave an extra boost of energy to help with workout days. It also encouraged fat loss because of how it stimulates metabolism.
Users love these benefits they get when they use HGH-X2:
- Higher energy levels and increased stamina. It’s easier to do harder workouts because HGH-X2 boosts energy. Better workouts mean better gains, and it shows through lean muscle growth.
- Decreased body fat. Users noticed that the stubborn body fat that exercise can’t seem to get
- Safe and without negative side effects. It’s easy to notice side effects that come with supplements like nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. But we didn’t notice any of these side effects with HGH-X2.
You should give HGH-X2 a shot. It might work out for you. And if you’re scared to dive in and discover the benefits of this supplement, Crazy Bulk offers a money-back guarantee on all their products.
2. GenF20 Plus: Best HGH Product With Pills & Drops
GenF20 Plus by Leading Edge Health is an unusual supplement that comes in pills and an oral spray.
You take the pills once a day and use the oral spray twice daily. While that seems like a hassle, it’s actually a plus.
The GenF20 Plus oral spray contains Alpha GPC. Alpha GPC increases human growth hormone secretion and also helps with fat burning [R].
The oral spray also activates the ingredients in the GenF20 pills. That means you get to maximize the natural ingredients in the pills and the spray when you use them together.
GenF20 Plus is unique because of these effective, natural ingredients:
- Astragalus root. This natural ingredient boosts immunity by stimulating the pituitary gland [R]. The pituitary gland also produces something very important: the human growth hormone!
- Deer antler velvet is a natural source of glucosamine. Glucosamine helps in tissue regrowth. Deer antler velvet also contains the IGF-1 hormone, which helps all cells in the body grow.
- Colostrum, the same ingredient in baby’s milk, also contains IGF-1 and gives GenF20 Plus its anti-aging benefits.
Besides natural extracts and ingredients, GenF20 Plus is effective because of its proprietary combination of amino acids, which include:
- L-Arginine, which can help bulk up your muscle mass;
- L-Glutamine, which increases the rate of cell repair;
- Other amino acids which help increase muscle mass , like L-Glycine and L-Lysine.
Unlike other HGH supplements, GenF20Plus helps increase not just the production of HGH, but also the production of IGF-1 [R], another hormone which helps with cell repair and growth.
Here’s what GenF20 Plus users love about this HGH supplement:
- Anti-aging benefits. GenF20 Plus is the perfect option for people who want to reduce the effects of aging. Lots of customers recommend GenF20 because of its youthful effect on energy and appearance.
- All-around health benefits. Because GenF20 has immunity-boosting ingredients, customers noticed increased energy levels and better resistance from things like the common cold.
- No side-effects. Although some amino acids can cause stomach upset, GenF20 Plus users didn’t report any of these effects. That’s probably because Leading Edge Health balanced the dosage of these amino acid ingredients for maximum efficacy and minimum downsides.
Overall, if you’re looking for a solid all-rounder which can help increase your levels of HGH, the GenF20 Plus is a great supplement. You also get anti aging and immunity boosting benefits, too!
3. Growth Factor Plus: Top HGH Supplement
Growth Factor Plus (GFP) has something that other HGH supplements don’t: a little extra height.
GFP by Purity Select promises height growth in just a few months. And when we put this to the test, it actually worked!
Of course, you shouldn’t expect dramatic results. After all, human growth naturally stops after puberty. There is no supplement on Earth that can make you grow more inches than your genetics can allow.
But GFP can give you a few centimeters of height by increasing the production of HGH in your pituitary gland.
Human growth hormone increases the distance between the cartilage disks that lie between the bones of your spine.
GFP helps increase your height through its essential ingredients:
- Its amino acid blend consists in L-Lysine, L-Glycine, L-Arginine, L-Ornithine, and L-Glutamine, which helps muscle strength and bone growth.
- Colostrum is another well-known ingredient in HGH supplements that helps with your body’s cell and tissue repair.
Purity Select kept its most important ingredients secret through its “Proprietary Blend,” but that doesn’t mean that these ingredients aren’t safe. They make Growth Factor Plus in a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) certified lab, after all.
Whatever the “proprietary blend” is, it certainly helps with growth! In our tests, we saw the following benefits of using GFP:
- Increased height. We noticed our height increase by a few centimeters. And if you’re still going through a growth spurt, this could be even more!
- Overall health benefits. GFP can help regulate your blood sugar and can give you a more restful sleep.
We wish we could say that Growth Factor Plus is free of side-effects, but we should warn you that you could experience some minimal muscle pain. That’s just a consequence of its effects on height.
GFP is the HGH supplement to pick if you want to reach for the top. Give it a shot and let us know what you think.
The best part is, if GFP doesn’t work out for you, you can always get your money back with Purity Select’s 90-day money-back guarantee.
4. GenFX: Perfect For Men Over 40
GenFX isn’t the most daring product in the market, but it’s actually because it uses 14 tried-and-true active ingredients that it’s safe for men over 40.
GenFX has the following ingredients which help with muscle-building and HGH stimulation:
- L-arginine helps you bulk up by increasing muscle mass.
- L-lysine, a building block for protein, and important for normal growth and muscle turnover [R].
- L-ornithine, L-glycine, and L-glutamine are amino acids which help your body produce more HGH by supplying the necessary amino acids.
Besides the HGH-stimulating ingredients, GenFX also has ingredients that help with cognition, like L-Pyroglutamate. L-Pyroglutamate helps with memory recall, learning support, and mental focus.
We tried GenFX out and saw significant benefits while using it:
- Because GenFX contains anti-oxidative ingredients, it’s also a great supplement for anti-aging.
- Its cognitive benefits were noticeable. GenFX could help you with focus and mental clarity, making workouts more engaging.
- The increased stamina and energy levels GenFX can give you can help you power through tough workouts. And that stamina is pretty useful in the bedroom, too.
Although GenFX has some side-effects, like headache and diarrhea, we think that it’s still a better, safer alternative to HGH injections.
And the most amazing part about GenFX is that it uses ingredients with proven benefits. It’s definitely the best HGH supplement on the market, especially for middle-aged men.
5. HyperGH 14x: The Somatropin Alternative
HyperGH 14x comes in two forms. You can take it either as a pill or as an oral spray. You could use the pill as usual, or you can choose the oral spray if reaching for water is a hassle for you.
HyperGH 14X by Leading Edge Health is one of the top HGH supplements for muscle building according to our tests. HyperGH 14X stimulates production of HGH with the following ingredients:
- Its amino acid combination of L-Arginine, L-Glutamine, L-Tyrosine, L-Lysine, and L-Glycine are all geared towards increasing muscle mass, improving cell repair, and boosting immunity.
- Tribulus Terrestris Extract naturally boosts testosterone in your body. Testosterone helps reduce body fat. And of course, as we know, testosterone also increases the growth of lean muscle [R].
- Astragalus Root Extract builds immunity, so you always feel at your strongest while doing exercise.
- Pituitary Anterior Powder helps to increase natural HGH levels in your body by stimulating your pituitary gland.
With the quality ingredients used in this supplement, you wouldn’t need to self-medicate with potentially dangerous [R] prescription somatropin.
With HyperGH 14X, you get the benefits of human growth hormone without the risks, like:
- Increased muscle mass, because of the amino acids used in this supplement.
- Improvement in your body’s growth hormone response. This means that HyperGH 14X helps increase your body’s naturally occurring human growth hormone production as you’re working out.
- Decreased recovery time with your workouts, because of its cell and muscle tissue repairing ingredients.
- Improvement in your sleep because of L-Glycine, which has calming properties.
HyperGH 14X is made of quality ingredients, so you can be sure that it will help your body increase its HGH levels naturally.
We recommend HyperGH 14X as one of the top HGH supplements to replace somatropin injections.
6. Provacyl: Most Effective For Male Libido and T
Provacyl is one of the best HGH products in the market today. It’s a bestseller because it combats andropause.
Like women have menopause, men also have andropause. Andropause is a condition in older men where their low testosterone levels can lead to loss of libido and erectile dysfunction [R].
Provacyl restores libido by boosting testosterone levels through the following premium ingredients:
- Magnesium aspartate. This increases testosterone levels in men from between 30 to 60 percent [R].
- Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate, or ZMA, preserves your existing testosterone while increasing the production of both testosterone and HGH. It works better than zinc alone and can help with your exercise [R].
- A unique amino acid, D-aspartic Acid, helps your body produce more testosterone [R].
- Gingko Biloba Extract and ginseng extract are men’s HGH supplement mainstays known for increasing energy levels throughout the day.
- A protein blend with L-glutamine, L-arginine HCL, L-glycine, L-pyroglutamate, and L-tyrosine which work together to increase the levels of HGH naturally in your body.
With the quality ingredients in Provacyl, it’s no surprise that customers love this supplement. They reported the following benefits with Provacyl:
- Customers love how their sex life improved while taking Provacyl. They could sustain longer, harder erections more often.
- They also reported improved energy levels. They noticed improved workout sessions, getting through more reps and heavier weights.
- Balanced moods are a big plus with Provacyl. Customers noticed that they had fewer mood swings and irritations with this HGH supplement.
- Here’s one unique benefit of Provacyl: users reported smoother, clearer, and more supple skin while taking this supplement. It’s no surprise, since Provacyl has anti-aging benefits.
If you’re in your golden years and you want a second shot at a more energetic life, then Provacyl may be for you. They’re the best HGH pills not only for increasing your body’s HGH levels but also for giving older bodies a refresh.
What Is HGH?
Human growth hormone (HGH) or somatotropin is a hormone made by your body’s pituitary gland. It helps stimulate your body’s cell reproduction, tissue repair, and healing [R].
HGH regulates our body’s internal processes, like controlling your metabolism. As a result, higher HGH levels mean increased muscle mass, decreased body fat, and increased energy during exercise [R].
But the problem is, HGH production declines as we age. Our body doesn’t produce as much of these hormones anymore from middle age onward.
Recently, researchers found that certain combinations of amino acids and other natural ingredients can help your body produce human growth hormone naturally.
Besides a balanced diet, exercise and sleep, these supplements can help with the body’s production of HGH by supplying necessary minerals and proteins.
Your pituitary gland excretes this growth hormone in three situations: during sleep, after exercise, and after trauma.
This means that the most effective way to increase your body’s natural HGH production is to target those times while you’re resting or while you’re working out. A good HGH supplement should be effective during those times in the day.
Signs of Low HGH
Even adults need growth hormone because of its important role in our body’s composition. It’s also important for balancing our body’s cholesterol levels. And of course, growth hormone is important for normal brain function [R].
If you’ve experienced more body fat around the waist, decreased sexual function, fatigue, feelings of isolation, anxiety and depression, less muscle, and less strength and stamina [R], maybe you have low HGH levels.
Adults with low HGH levels are also at risk for cardiovascular diseases. Some markers of cardiovascular disease, like low levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) and high levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL), are seen with lower HGH levels [R].
Why Are HGH Supplements Better Than Injections?
Human growth hormone injections are actually prescription medication and could be dangerous if you don’t use it as prescribed.
Of course, if you’re diagnosed with low HGH production by a doctor, then we recommend that you do as your doctor asks and hop on HGH injections right away.
But if you want to increase HGH levels for your overall health and well-being, then HGH supplements are a great way to give your body a boost in producing HGH.
For one, HGH supplements are more affordable than HGH injections. HGH injections are more than $1,000! Not everyone has that kind of money.
For another, the FDA hasn’t actually approved HGH injections for anti-aging or muscle bulking.
So whether you get HGH injections off-label from a doctor, or through Internet sources, or through the black market, they are all illegal [R].
Unless you have a medically diagnosed condition, you’re playing with fire by getting HGH injections that aren’t safe or legal.
Finally, HGH injections come with an entire load of side effects, which include muscle aches, joint discomfort, headaches, and edema [R].
There are a lot of risks involved with getting HGH injections. So if you want all the benefits of increased HGH production, we suggest you turn to more natural alternatives. More on that below.
How To Increase HGH Production Naturally
Now that you know what HGH is and why it’s important, you might want to find out what you can do to increase the HGH levels in your body.
Of course, you don’t want scary, unsafe, illegal injections, so you can follow these tips to increase the HGH in your body:
Remember how your body releases HGH to your bloodstream at specific times of the day? Exercise is one of those times. Focus on high-intensity exercises to get the most benefits. [R]
Some high-intensity exercises include heavy weight training, sprinting, and interval training like HIIT [R].
You should also remember that exercise burns fat in your body, and lower body fat leads to higher HGH [R].
Prioritize good sleep.
Good sleep is essential to increasing HGH. Your body releases HGH at night, in pulses [R]. The more sleep you get, the better your body can release human growth hormone.
And it’s not just about how long you sleep. It’s also about the quality of your sleep. Studies show that getting enough deep sleep is one of the most highly recommended ways to enhance HGH in your body naturally in the long term [R].
So practice good sleep hygiene by keeping your phone and other gadgets away from the bed before sleeping, and try to sleep at the same time every day.
Mind your diet.
The benefits of a good diet go beyond getting lean muscle. A healthy, balanced diet with fewer refined carbs can help your body produce more HGH.
On the other hand, if you eat more refined carbs, you could raise your insulin levels. Elevated insulin levels impair HGH growth in your body [R].
The timing of your meals also matters here. You shouldn’t eat a lot before going to bed at night because that’s the optimal time to produce HGH [R].
If you eat before sleeping, your insulin levels will rise and you could block the HGH that your body could produce.
You might also want to consider intermittent fasting. Besides being a trendy weight-loss fad, intermittent fasting can actually increase your HGH levels by up to 300% [R]. That’s a lot of HGH!
Taking the right supplements can help your body enhance growth hormone production.
Unlike HGH injections, which give your body additional growth hormone from an external source, HGH supplements let your body do the work.
HGH supplements work by giving you a boost so your body can produce more HGH efficiently on its own.
It’s always good to remember the ingredients that an effective HGH supplement should contain. Here’s what you need to look for:
- L-Arginine. This is probably the most important supplement that needs to be in any product that claims to increase HGH levels. L-Arginine increases your nighttime HGH production by up to 60% [R].
- L-Glutamine. Whichever supplements you choose, make sure that they contain L-Glutamine. This ingredient increases HGH even at small doses [R].
- L-dopa. L-dopa is a precursor to dopamine and norepinephrine. It also increases HGH levels especially in Parkinson’s patients [R].
- L-Ornithine. L-Ornithine is another well-studied ingredient that boosts your production of HGH especially when taken after exercise.
There are more supplements which can help the production of HGH. Most of these ingredients work by decreasing fat, increasing lean mass [R], and as a result, increases your HGH.
There are many supplements that make false claims in the market. You should be careful when choosing which ones to buy. But with our tips on which ingredients you should look for, you now have an idea and can steer clear of expensive supplements which aren’t effective.
While you might think that growth hormone supplements are a fad, they’re around to stay. Human growth hormone is a real game-changer with the way you approach your health and well-being.
You can’t rely on supplements alone. But with the killer combination of diet, exercise, proper sleep, and exercise, you’re on your way to muscle-building success.
- HGH Supplements for Men
- Best Growth Hormone Supplement
- Best HGH for Men
- Best HGH Supplement for Bodybuilding
- GNC HGH Products
- HGH Capsules
- HGH Pills for Sale
- HGH Releasers: Which Ones Work?
- HGH Supplements Review
- Somatotropin Supplements
- How to Increase HGH with Supplements
- HGH X2 Review
- Growth Factor Plus Review
- Provacyl Review & Cost